WHO WE ARE:
Swarm Dynamics is a cross-disciplinary organisation that harnesses arts and creative thinking to help engage wider audiences on sustainable futures – focusing on systems level solutions. Drawing on the interdisciplinary talents of artists and experts, we promote rapid transformations towards zero carbon economies, and inform awareness and action about solutions. Swarm Dynamics is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation based in England with registered charity number 1181673.
WHAT WE DO:
- Arts and creative communication projects that inform and inspire the public about solutions
- Devising and delivering interdisciplinary, arts based educational environments to explore pathways to environmentally and socially sustainable societies, and test how to creatively communicate these transitions to general or specific audiences
- Embedding artists with experts in sustainability or communications, to spark new thinking about how alternative futures might function and how to get there
- Advice and staff trainings for NGOs – applied creative thinking, artful storytelling and effective communications
- Training and capacity building for artists about sustainability, alternative economics, about both specific and systems level ideas and solutions.
WHO WE WORK WITH:
We collaborate with everyone who shares our charitable purpose, (see Work and Impact) and who strive for positive change on a systems level. Including environmental NGOs, academic research institutes, think tanks, ethical companies, as well as with artists who want to make a difference with their work.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT:
Our Trustees and staff combine expertise in climate change policy, campaign design, communications, arts management and arts practice. This means we can offer interdisciplinary solutions and generate informed new strategic directions in the campaign or policy work of changemakers. We strive to help others communicate effectively to the unconverted, and to translate the feasibility of system change through creative means. We believe in solutions-focused, informative and accessible art projects and communications strategies with popular appeal. Therefore, we have no interest in commissioning melting ice statues, or inaccessible art that remains stuck in small galleries and will not reach people’s daily lives. But we are interested in short films, graphic novels about system change, immersive exhibitions, online games about solving climate change, or cultural events with potential to help mainstream the issues and, step by modest step, shift the public understanding of what is possible. We also work to embed artists with experts to spark new thinking about solutions and how to communicate them. In this way, we restore the role of the artist as thinkers as well as makers. We seek to harness their unique sensitivities and imagination capital in advancing awareness and rapid action towards sustainable futures.
WHERE TO FIND US:
Swarm Dynamics is a cross-border organisation with the team being headquartered in Brighton UK, with satelite staff or volunteers also based in London, Brussels and Russia. Our networks extend to Europe, Australia and Canada. We seek out opportunities to advance systems level solutions through creative means and the power of inspiring art.
Follow us on Social Media: